It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Monday, 17 January 2011

My First Dress

I decided to buy some fabric online to try and make some clothes, I wanted some floral fabric and some plain black to try and make my own LBD. Shopping online is really good for most things, but unless you know what type of fabric you want, which I didn't have a clue about, you're really not going to get on too well.. so I bought cotton, I thought it couldn't go wrong. But for a dress you really do need some stretch, the cotton I got had none, it was like a duvet cover material... nevertheless I tried to make a form fitting dress so that it didn't need much stretch. I sketched some ideas and measured what sizes I'd need for panels. I didn't have a dummy or anything so I was pinning things to myself for ages, it took me all night but worked out well.





1 Comments:

At 16 March 2011 at 19:45 , Blogger Ruth said...

that is very awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home